Just by adding and stirring (1 agent, 1 process) ‘PG alpha 21Ca’ to polluted water, it separates supernatant water with better turbidity, BOD, and COD, and sediments in a short time. This high-molecular flocculent adsorbs strongly the exogenous incretion disturbance substance (Environmental hormone), like dioxin.
By using this high-molecular flocculent, it is possible to draw and collect easily floc (flocculated contaminants) with magnetism. As a result, the process of filtration becomes unnecessary. The process of filtration occupies the large portion of cost of the water treatment. Also it is possible to use combining with the existing flocculent.
Compare to the traditional processing system with PAC or polymer coagulant, it enables simple and secure process by just installing volumetric powder feeder.
What is Polyglutamic Acid (PGA)?
Principal component of Natto’s gooey Nylon-structure-like polymer.
Because of its safeness, it is used for medicine’s capsule, food, cosmetic product, and medicinal product.
Not only Natto but also Natto bacillus is used to get polyglutamic acid, and since it uses very difficult technology to take it out, the product results in high cost.
– Fast formation of flocs and their fast precipitation.
– 4 approved patents. 10 pending.
– Can take care of dioxin.
– Can be used for a wide range of pH (4-12) of water.
– Small changes in pH compared to other methods.
– It is very safe since its ingredients are natural.
– Can effectively remove heaby metals in water.
– Can reduce cost of sludge treatment since proportion of water in flocs is quite low. ($0.01/Litre)
– Can be used together with other flocculants, such as PAC.
Natural mineral = Calcium sulfate
Cross-linked PGA = Polyglutamic Acid
Necessary dosage is really depending on the wastewater condition. However, 50ppm if used for typical pond water. 100ppm is a good starting point to test industrial wastewater.
Poly-Glu has been used to treate from pond water to red tide.