I was skeptical at first about whether or not using a wastewater treatment plant would be the right thing to do. But I admittedly knew very little about the subject. Thankfully I did give it a chance. I am so glad that I did and I learned so much along the way. Using an on site wastewater treatment plant is a terrific and effective method that takes care of sanitation in a timely and efficient manner. There are several different benefits to using a wastewater treatment plant. I will list some of the advantages that I learned about through my own personal experience.
1. The funding, planning and time spent on the details of the machinery is so much shorter. Centralized systems actually cost more in the long run. I thought it was the other way around until I learned what both entail.
2. This option eliminates the transportation of the wastewater to plants where it is treated and then purified, clean water is put back in the original spot. This takes time, energy and money. With everything working on site, there is no need for this step.
3. There is a much quicker installation time. Centralized systems take a much longer period of time to get up and running.
4. This method recycles wastewater which allows the recharging of groundwater in the watershed. We’ve been taught the importance of recycling in other areas of our lives, it is equally as effective and important in this aspect.
5. It completely reduces water consumption and wastewater discharge. This is another way in which it can save you money in the long run. Too much water consumption is a real problem in certain parts of the world and you can contribute to helping reverse the problem by using a wastewater treatment plant.
6. No odor omissions. If you are anything like me, you are very sensitive to certain smells. Everyone knows that sewage smells horrible. A wastewater treatment plant completely eliminates any type of smell or odor from the site.
A wastewater treatment plant is perfect for those areas that have a less dense population because it is not cost effective to run miles and miles of sewage pipe line through acres of land and even rocky terrain. This alternative to a centralized system is definitely the way to go. The pump stations that go along with the more expensive and extensive centralized systems require constant monitoring and upkeep.
Also, there are types of treatment medications that some centralized systems use that can be harmful and damaging to the aquatic downstream and inadvertently pollute the water. The wastewater treatment plant is an effective alternative to the normative, common sewage systems. So while I didn’t know much about the advantages of going with a wastewater treatment plant at first, I know a lot about it know and I am so glad and pleased with the choice I made to make the switch.
There are so many different things that we can do to save money, the environment and increase our own peace of mind and choosing to go with a wastewater treatment plant is definitely one of them. Find out about switching to one today.