When it comes to drinking water for our home, our preference is very simple. We need nothing, but the purest possible form. Reverse Osmosis is a technology which has been making this choice plausible for many homes. What makes it the most reliable option? Well, it starts with the fact that it eliminates up to 99% of impurities that are generally associated with drinking water. As per multiple researches and laboratory tests, Reverse Osmosis rids water of a wide variety of bacteria, chemicals and particles.
How does it work?
Well, if it is claimed to remove up to 99.9% of impurities, then there must be a solid technology backing it. Undoubtedly, RO has become a very popular choice for home use in the recent years, but it is not entirely new.
The water purification phenomenon was discovered in the laboratory long time back. In fact, it is used by large scale water treatment plants, recycling units besides home water purification.
To tell you how it works in simple words; it uses a membrane through which tap water is pushed and that membrane separates contaminants and only lets water to pass through. It works on the phenomenon that converts a high-concentrate solution turns into a lower concentrate solution (minus the unwanted particles and impurities) by applying due amount of pressure.
The technique behind this process remains pretty much the same but what has evolved drastically is the quality of membrane material used to filter the water. With the advent, water purification systems have become so powerful that they can used to convert even waste water into potable water.
This potential is very crucial for the environment as it will help in resolving water paucity related problems on a global level.
The effectiveness of this system depends on a variety of factors such as the tap pressure, quality and temperature of water but more importantly the quality of membrane and filters.
Why is it so widely used for home water purification?
• RO is preferred by many because of its proven ability to kill up to 99.9% off a wide range of contaminants
• Reverse Osmosis is considered to be the best option for home use also because of the cost-effectiveness that it offers especially for moderate needs
• Besides impurities, it is great at abolishing all the unwanted taste and odors from the water very effectively
• Offers plenty of convenience for your home with its easy operation
• Very easy to maintain
• Consumes very little energy
• Besides the above advantages, the biggest one is its tried-and-tested efficiency in purifying water for average needs
The water purification system is not a complex arrangement but picking one for your home needs careful deliberation. There are several components which decide the purity, durability, daily convenience to suit your unique needs adequately. Here are the things to keep in mind while choosing an RO purifier for home:
• Tap water quality: The analysis of your tap water is very important as it can tell you what kind of membrane will work best for your requirement
• Daily Need: This will help you establish the required capacity of your storage tank
• Filter Quality: Be very particular in ensuring that your system contains all the necessary filters which are good to last you long enough
• Certification: The National Sanitation Foundation certifies devices on their ability to eliminate a particular kind of contaminant. Make sure you match your product with the NSF/ANSI standard that is good enough to kill the impurity identified in your tap water.